I mean most of us grew up with the idea that oil was the cause of our bad skin. I thought that the more I could get rid of oil, the better I would look and that belief lead me to years of buying prescription medication, cleansers, and lotions that said “oil reducing”. I spent a ton of money and my skin only got worse! Eventually, I gave up all the expensive oil stripping products and things started to get better.
Okay, maybe it wasn’t exactly that easy. But there was enough of an improvement that I began to wonder if oil wasn’t so bad after all.
I did a lot of research, but part of me was still very hesitant to try it. I somehow just knew that if I used it, then I would wake up the next day with a face full of zits. I bet that’s how you feel too, right?
Oh, the horror!!
Seriously, it took me months to grow enough nerve to try it. Yes, I know. I’m a wimp.
I was such a wimp that I decided to start experimenting with coconut oil in other ways. I made deodorant with oil. I know. It’s weird. But it worked! My pits smelled fabulous and there are no zits. Sweet!
I tried other beauty products with coconut oil and each one worked great. I didn’t break out anywhere on my body, plus my skin was smoother and softer. I became a believer! It was time to start using coconut oil to clean my face
Why Coconut Oil Is Good For Your Skin
- It has antibacterial and antifungal properties (goodbye acne and eczema)
- It won’t change the pH of your face so it’s not irritating
- Lots and lots of antioxidants to help diminish fine lines and wrinkles
- Great natural moisturizer
- It tricks skin into thinking it has enough oil to slow down oil production while locking in the moisture.
- It’s been shown to work for all skin types although some people may be more prone to break outs using only coconut oil. If you break out then you can mix it with other oils like castor oil or jojoba oil.
The one thing I will impart with you as IMPORTANT is that you buy a good quality coconut oil.
You should look for a coconut oil that is unrefined, 100% coconut oil, and preferably organic.Remember this stuff will be entering your pores and hydrating your skin– this is a time to splurge a little! Get the good stuff!
- What You Need:
- Coconut oil (organic is best)
- I use these brands: Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- A warm, wet washcloth– I use 100%
Organic Cotton Wipes Technically, they are baby wipes. I know. But they are a nice size and softer than a wash cloth.
- Essential oils optional
Done! See– not so hard, right?
The warm cloth will open up your pores and allow the coconut oil to go inside and push out all that dirt and yuck that’s inside.
Overtime, coconut oil is supposed to help even skin tone and reduce the size of your pours. You can also use this in the shower, but I don’t recommend washing it off right away. Let your skin absorb it for a few minutes before you try to remove any excess oil.
Source : http://nigeriafashiontrends.com